struts-user mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URL Validation with Struts validator
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 05:22:11 GMT
I started coding a URL client/server side validation 2 weeks ago,
that I hope to contribute to the Validation framework.
I put it on hold while getting other work finished before going on vacation.
I modeled it on the email validation items, and used the w3.org definition
of  A URI to write the validation code. If all elements are there my code
can tell if it is a valid URL, however I can't figure out when testing
for a URL regular expression pattern how to make some items optional,
it may not be possible, any Perl/PHP people out there ?
The Unit tests I created are extensive and test all possible
combinations, but
take almost a 2 minutes to complete :( !

I have just come back from vacation and hope to have it finished by next
week.
If you want a quick and dirty method then go to javascript.com and look
for some
of their URL validations items, turning them into Java is easy to achieve
using the ORO package.