struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <ced...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiles and appending request parameters
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:05:39 GMT

  Hi,

  I think that the problem is not related to the Tiles. What you want is
to be able to add a request parameter to the current requestResponse.
  When Tiles include the controller via its url, is simply do an
include, and doesn't modify the requestResponse object. So, you still
have all the http parameters that are associated to the request. You can
yourself modify the requestResponse object in your action before
inserting the tiles. Check the jsp and servlet spec to know if it is
possible to add an http parameter. Personally I use to pass such extra
parameters in the request context or Tile context rather than a new http
parameter.

  Hope this help,

       Cedric