struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <ced...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Urgent, TilesRequestProcessor
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:05:42 GMT

  Hi,

  If you use Tiles, and want to extends the RequestProcessor, you need
to extend the TilesRequestProcessor. This later extends the
RequestProcessor, so you transitively extends it also.

  The TilesRequestProcessor purpose is to catch the definition names
used in urls. If  a struts url (like forward="") is a definition, then
this definition is inserted in place of the url. The
TilesRequestProcessor doesn't interfere with other functionalities
provided by the original processor.
  To understand exactly what happen, you can check the RequestProcessor
workflow (defined in the process() method). This will help to understand.

     Cedric