struts-user mailing list archives

From Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonza...@opentechnet.com>
Subject Re: How do you keep your session junk free?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:00:24 GMT

    Maybe what we need is an abstraction over the current request
mapping stuff. If you think about it, what Struts basically does is
mapping a request from a browser to some class that then executes a
method (I know Struts has a lot more things, but this is the main one).
Maybe we could go a step further, and think about wizards, page flows,
data associated with those flows, and why not, set the bases for a
direct translation from use cases to one of these abstractions.

    Please, don't take this as criticism to Struts. I think Struts is a
great framework and I'm using it and will be using it in whatever J2EE
project I do, but maybe we could start thinking a level above... what do
you think?