struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <ced...@apache.org>
Subject Re: modules, tiles and html:form
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:39:54 GMT

  Hi,

  I think that the problem comes from the fact that you put the pages
belonging to one module under the WEB-INF umbrella. If you move your
broken1.jsp to /StrutsIssues/admin/broken1.jsp, and change the
definition tile.broken1 accordingly, all work fine:
  <definition name="tile.broken1" extends="layout">
      <put name="body" value="/admin/broken1.jsp"/>
  </definition>

  The problem is that in your not working solution, the path of the page
is "/WEB-INF/jsp/admin/broken1.jsp". Struts use this path to determine
the module. The default algorithm is 'all page under "/admin" belong to
the admin module'. With your previous path, struts found that your page
belong to the default module. It is possible to specify another
directory to store the pages of your module. Check struts doc.

  Hope this help,

          Cedric