struts-user mailing list archives

From Marco Maier <Marco.Ma...@ics-software.de>
Subject Re: [newbie] Prepopulating a form
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:42:52 GMT
Hi Johan,

try this...

DynaActionForm yourForm = (DynaActionForm)
this.createDynaActionFormFromFormBeanConfig(yourFormName, mapping);

// prepopulate the form
httpSession.setAttribute(yourFormName, yourForm);

protected DynaActionForm
createDynaActionFormFromFormBeanConfig(String 							name, ActionMapping
mapping)
   	throws InstantiationException, IllegalAccessException
{
   FormBeanConfig config = (FormBeanConfig)
mapping.getApplicationConfig().
					findFormBeanConfig(name);

   DynaActionFormClass dynaClass = DynaActionFormClass.
				createDynaActionFormClass(config);

   return ((DynaActionForm) dynaClass.newInstance());
}

hope this helps.

Marco