struts-user mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <ced...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions concerning Tiles
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:48:21 GMT

  Hi Guillaume,

  It is hard to say, I have never evaluated the cost of creation of a
new Date object.
  You need to evaluate this cost, and compare it against a solution
where you cache the object. Maybe the Date implementation already do a
kind of caching !
  If not, it should be simple to create a singleton class(a static one)
with one method: getDate(). This method cache the real object, and take
care of updating it daily :-).

  Cedric

COMPAGNON GUILLAUME wrote:

>C├ędric,
>is that make sense to define a bean type for printing the today date with
>the scope of the application ( in order not to instanciate the Date each
>time) ?
>
>Thx!
>Guillaume

>Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
>Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.Tout message electronique est
susceptible d'alteration.
>Le CREDIT DU NORD et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
>This message and any attachments ( the "message") are confidential and intended solely
for the addressees.
>Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
>Neither CREDIT DU NORD nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified.