struts-user mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <db...@rhoworld.com>
Subject question regarding DynaActionForm.reset()
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:39:33 GMT
The API for ActionForm.reset() says it will, "Reset all bean properties
to their default state. This method is called before the properties are
repopulated by the controller servlet." Why then does the default
reset() method for DynaActionForm do nothing? DynaActionForm knows about
its own dynamic properties, it would be easy enough to clear() the map.

Note I'm not complaining, the resulting behavior is actually what I
think I want to have happen, I'm just trying to figure out why it's
designed this way...?

- donald