struts-user mailing list archives

From <shirishchandra.sakh...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: Struts and Swing Client
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:24:23 GMT
Hi,
If you are using HTTP with Swing client, what protocol u are planning to use?Otherwise, like
u said, how can u retrieve the Data on the server?
I think U need to define a protocol for object transfer...

Have a look at SOAP...

And basically I think the idea of having a swing client for a Struts layer seems a bit difficult
to digest for me...
Can you not access the model layer directly from The swing client?But then all the flow control
logic will have to be implemented...

Any ideas folks??

regards,
Shirish

-----Original Message-----
From: Mondkar,Paresh [mailto:Paresh_Mondkar@Syntelinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:59 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Struts and Swing Client

Hi,
	We are developing an application with Swings as the client. We are
going to talk to the server using HTTP where struts is implemented.

Client Code
Hashtable hash = new Hashtable();
hash.put("name", "kiran");
hash.put("password", "justdoit");
OutputStream outputStream = conn.getOutputStream() ;
ObjectOutputStream objectOutputStream = new
ObjectOutputStream(outputStream);
objectOutputStream.writeObject(hash);

	We are not sure how to  retrieve this object at the server side as
when we put this object into the request using ObjectOutputStream it does
not have any id.

	Also we are not sure how to return the control back to the client.
return (aMapping.findForward("success"));
<action path="/test" type="test.TestAction">
<forward name="success" path="???????????"/>
</action>
How do we map it in struts-config.xml file

Thanx & Regds,
Paresh.

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents contain information
from Syntel, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.