struts-user mailing list archives

From John.E.Gr...@mortgage.wellsFargo.COM
Subject trimming fields in bean and html tags
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:18:18 GMT
Hi all,

I'm forced to live with a db where many columns are chars instead of
varchars.  In cases where the contents of the char column doesn't fill the
space allowed, I get my result padded with spaces.  The practical problem
that this introduces is that if I want to use the validator to enforce
length restrictions (where the max length is the db column width), a user
can't just put his cursor at the end of the visible text and start typing
because of all the spaces.  I was hoping for a way to specify in bean:write
and html:text to trim any extra spaces but see no such option.  Any
suggestions?

thanks

john

john gregg