struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jalenak" <Jerry.Jale...@LABONE.com>
Subject RE: Io exception
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:37:01 GMT
I've seen this problem when moving an application from inside our firewall
to our DMZ outside the firewall.  The <data-source> URL usually needs to be
updated to reflect the correct 'path' to get to the database.

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Taylor [mailto:rtaylor@mulework.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 9:34 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Io exception

Sounds like the Struts Network Adapter isn't working...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. This sounds like a database driver issue.
How are you establishing your connections?

You could do some preliminary testing before posting to the list.
Create a small test application that simply tries to get a database
connection.
If that fails, then you can remove all the Struts stuff (presumably Struts
is involved some
where in your application lest you wouldn't post to this list without
your subject prefaced with [OT]). If it passes, then you may want to verify
your datasource configurations are correct, etc....

robert

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following
email address: securityincidentreporting@labone.com