struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bredesen, Chris - NA US HQ Delray" <cbrede...@mytravelco.com>
Subject Add blank option to select
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:50:59 GMT
Hi All,

I have a proprietary table object which I expose to html:options via an
adaptor class that extends AbstractList.  The List implementation gives
collection-like random access to my proprietary object which is then used to
build a select box.

What I need is to add a blank option to the select that is not present in my
data.  Since my List implementation is just an adaptor, and not a new data
structure, I cannot just add another member.  I tried doing a Union in my
SQL query to tack on a blank record but the crap DB API won't have it.

Any way to do with Struts 1.0.2?  I guess extending the OptionsTag (haven't
worked this one out in my head yet but I assume it would be fairly
straightforward) is the way to go, but if anyone has another way, I'm all
ears.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Bredesen