struts-user mailing list archives

From Tai Nguyen <tngu...@edocs.com>
Subject RE: Tiles
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:29:00 GMT
Nathan,

Is your question, what is better, creating definitions in JSP's or in the
XML?  If so, it's better to create definitions in tiles-def.xml, as is it
easier to maintain all your definitions if they are one place.  It also
allows you to have definitions which stay in application scope, as opposed
to having to include a JSP file with all your definitions which incurs
overhead.

Tai

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Steiner [mailto:nsteiner@palmharbor.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 12:07 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Tiles

I am fairly new to struts, and was just getting comfortable with templates,
and now must dig into tiles.

With tiles, from what I can gather, you can compose your definitions in
jsp's and/or tiles-def xml file, and extend them, yada, yada, yada.

I guess my question is what are the pros-cons for both?

Thanks,

Nate