struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Butler" <cbut...@mateso.com>
Subject <nested:radio> does not support idName property?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:40:30 GMT
Hey folks,

I was looking for a way which would allow a nested radio button to pass
along a value of a bean.  The below example has a list of answer groups,
each of which answer group should have a selected answer.

<nested:iterate id="tmpAnswerGroup" property="answerGroupList">
     <nested:radio idName="tmpAnswerGroup"
                   property="selectedAnswerId"
                   value="selectedAnswerId" />
 </nested:iterate>

For some reason the <nested:radio> tag doesn't support "idName".  Is
this just an oversight?  Also, value cannot be omitted based on the
redundant by specifying the "selectedAnswerId" twice.

Note: if I leave out "idName", the jsp does not interpret the value as a
bean-related field, but interprets it as a literal value.

Thoughts?

Chris

PS: have tested more complex behavior of nested:iterate and tiles bug
that is in bugzilla and will update the bug report as requested.