struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: trimming fields in bean and html tags
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:26:13 GMT
John wrote:
> I'm forced to live with a db where many columns are chars intstead of
varchars
> Any suggestions?

How is the data getting from the database into the form?  Is there a DAO
layer?  Speaking from my own project, I would either do this in the DAO, or
else (and I don't know how to do this yet, but I've heard it's possible)
register a custom converter that BeanUtils would use when 'copyProperties'
is called to copy to values from the DTO to the form bean.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.