struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: question regarding DynaActionForm.reset()
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:44:50 GMT
Scott wrote:
> 2) Does DynaValidatorForm.reset() also do nothing?  According to the
> Javadoc, it should "Reset all properties to their default values",
however,
> when I run the following code snippet in my Action class (the variable
> "form" is the ActionForm object that is given to the method):

Anecdotally, yes, DynaValidatorForm.reset() does nothing.
You have to implement it in your own form if you want it to do something.

   public void reset( ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request )
   {
      initialize(mapping);
   }

It's documented on DynaValidatorForm's parent, DynaActionForm:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/action/DynaActionForm
.html

--
Wendy Smoak