struts-user mailing list archives

From Ramesh_KumarP <Ramesh_Kum...@satyam.com>
Subject Ant build tool for iplanet webserver
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:19:09 GMT
Hey any one can tell me when I can down Ant tool for iplanet webserver 6.0
And what modification have to be done after  to get it work..

Regards,

P.RAMESHKUMAR,
-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar Dollin [mailto:Edgar@BLUE-MOOSE.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:40 PM
To: 'greg.dunn@mo.nisc.cc'; 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Formatting dates in <html:text>

If you just want to display, the <bean:write> tag has some date formatting
options.

For entry the 'best' current solution is to subclass the TextTag class and
do your processing there.  The strategy I have been using in such a tag is
to use a 'hidden' field with your actual form data and javascript to do the
translations to another field the user actually edits, of course returning
the altered text to your hidden field.

One of the javascript guys was asking about a hypothetical date tag, but I
don't remember the details or the status.

Edgar

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg52386.html

I use the JSTL <fmt:formatDate> tag to display a date outside a form, but it
can't be nested so it's no good here.

This scenario seems like it would be fairly common.  What does one do here?
Format the date in a get/set pair in their bean and display that?  Use basic
HTML <input type="text"> tags?  What's best practice?

Thanks,

Greg

is appreciated.