struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jagadeesan,Sivakumar" <sivakumar.jagadee...@dhs.state.tx.us>
Subject RE: Design Doubt
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:33:18 GMT
Thanx Jacob
Initially I was wondering that querying to request base will be a
performance issue. If even the "big" sites are doing this way, then I guess
it should not be  a problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Hookom, Jacob John [mailto:hookomjj@uwec.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 5:30 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Design Doubt

Create an action that takes in the start id and the quantity to scroll over,
and your query (total of 3 params).  Read up on your DB specific SQL
language for specifying a start id and max rows to return (not applicable
for this mailing list).  Enstate whatever kind of caching you want, but
leave querying to request based only.  That's how most "big" sites do it.

-Jacob