struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jagadeesan,Sivakumar" <sivakumar.jagadee...@dhs.state.tx.us>
Subject RE: Actions based on Role
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:07:29 GMT
I have to look at this. I want something like this
thanx Jason

--Siva Jagadeesan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Lea [mailto:jason@kumachan.net.nz]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 5:05 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Actions based on Role

Jagadeesan,Sivakumar wrote:
> I have web application where users could of three types (Roles)
>
> 1) Basic User
> 2) Silver User
> 3) Gold User
>
> According to Type / Role of user some actions could be performed or not
> performed.
>
> I could set in my stuts-config.xml, the role based access in Action
Element

> I am having my own authentication System that uses the database . The User
> table has the userName and also the Role.
>
> I am not sure how could I create a Role that the Action is expecting , if
> am using my own authentication

"Struts in Action", ch 9, pg 260-261
9.2.2 ProcessRoles

This shows how you can override the processRoles() method of
RequestProcessor.  It provides you with the request, response and action
mapping.  So you can get the roles in the struts-config.xml for the
Action using mapping.getRoleNames().  You can the check that the user
has one of the roles and return true or false.

Jason Lea