struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sanka...@sas.com>
Subject RE: reset method not being called for DynaValidatorForm
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:11:42 GMT
So I guess you have extended the DynaValidatorForm.  Let me ask the obvious question:  is your
"type" attribute of this <form-bean> element the fully qualified name of this class?
 'Cause if you don't Struts will invoke DynaValidatorForm's reset functionality.

Sri

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 7:36 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: reset method not being called for DynaValidatorForm

I have the age-old "how to un-check the checkbox" problem.  The only twist is that this is
a DynaValidatorForm.

I've tried putting various things into the 'reset' method of my Form, but nothing works:
public void reset( ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request )
   {
      log.debug( "ClearanceRequestForm.reset" );
      if ( request.getParameter( "returningFromResolution" ) == null ) {
         //         set( "plannedGiftFlag", Boolean.FALSE );
         //         getMap().put("plannedGiftFlag",Boolean.FALSE);
         initialize(mapping);
      }
   }

(I have to control whether the reset happens since I have a workflow that involves going off
to another form temporarily and then coming back to this
one.)

Looking in the log file, I never see that log message, so I think that reset is not being
called.

Ian Hunter, you were asking about this in mid-March, did you ever find a solution?

I searched Bugzilla but did not find anything, but I may have done it wrong.

Isn't reset supposed to be called before the form is populated from the values in the request?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.