struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sanka...@sas.com>
Subject RE: pre-selected values in multi-select box not working?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:53:15 GMT
The property attribute for the <html:select> is "promptValues" but the property in your
form bean is "_promptValues".  Hopefully you have getPromptValues().

Assuming all that is ok, how are you populating the values.  Is the form-bean being created
before the page is loaded?

Sri

-----Original Message-----
From: dhay@lexmark.com [mailto:dhay@lexmark.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 12:08 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: pre-selected values in multi-select box not working?

Okay, here's the code (thought I could get away with just another qu, but was looking at the
wrong code!!).

in my form bean:
         String[] _promptValues = new String[0];

in my jsp:
                                                      property ="promptValues">

Obviously have appropriate get/setters for promptValues.  In my action, I set promptValues
to those that Strings I want selected, but nothing happens when the page is loaded.

This *should* work, right?

Cheers,

David

"Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sankaran@sas.com> on 03/25/2003 09:33:26 PM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:

I don't know what "value" you are referring to; the default selection(s) are predicated by
the value of the "property" attribute.  To repeat my original response, please post relevant
portions of your form-bean and JSP.

If you are disinclined to do so, the example to which I referred you should help.

Sri