struts-user mailing list archives

From Bueno Carlos M <Carlos.M.Bu...@irs.gov>
Subject RE: [OT] Keeping a Session Alive
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:29:43 GMT
Up your timeout setting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Jalenak [mailto:Jerry.Jalenak@LABONE.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 2:41 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: [OT] Keeping a Session Alive

Hi All,

<disclaimer>

This might be more suited to the Tomcat-Users list.  I just know that there
are a bunch of experts on this list, so I thought I would try here first
:-)

</disclaimer>

I have a situation where I load another web application (on another server /
Tomcat) into an IFRAME on one of my JSP's.  Both Tomcats have their session
time-interval set to 20 minutes.  The problem that we are running up against
is this:  the user can be working in the IFRAME for a couple of hours; as
long as they stay in the IFRAME everything is fine.  However, their session
in my Tomcat has expired after 20 minutes, so if they try to go anywhere
else, they get thrown back to a logon screen.  Is there some way that I can
send a 'keep alive' message back and forth between two Tomcat sessions on
two different servers?  Or is there some other approach that makes more
sense?

TIA

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify LabOne at the following email address:
securityincidentreporting@labone.com