struts-user mailing list archives

From "Cohan, Sean" <SCo...@goSPS.com>
Subject <bean:write> and scriptlet write
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:21:00 GMT
I have a bean defined on a page.  I can write some of the methods using
scriptlet code, but not others.  However, I can write the others with
<bean:write>.  For example, the following code causes a cannot resolve
symbol  : method getIndexFactor () servlet exception.:

<%=  sortedQueueCursor.getIndexFactor() %>

But this works on the same page:

<bean:write name="sortedQueueCursor" property="indexFactor"/>

But I can do the following successfully with the same bean on the same page:

<%=  sortedQueueCursor.getComparatorName() %>

Both methods return Strings.

What am I missing?

Thanks