struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alonso, Damian" <Damian.Alo...@sensis.com.au>
Subject Exception: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null using Fo rwardAction
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:22:49 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to use a ForwardAction to navigate from one jsp to another.  It
has been suggested that every JSP Page should be fronted by an Action.  I am
currently trying to do this, but getting the following exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean
null

            at
l.java:530)

            at
org.apache.jsp.leadDetails_jsp._jspService(leadDetails_jsp.java:657)

[snip]

I don't want to use a form bean because this is just a simple forward
request.  My form in my jsp looks like this:

My struts-config looks like this:

<action path="/goback"

parameter="/jsp/somePage.jsp"

            type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"

            scope="request"

            validate="false">

</action>

I am using Struts 1.1 RC 1.  When I try to load my jsp, I get the exception
mentioned above.  Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why I would be
getting this exception??

Thanks in advance,

Damian.

www.sensis.com.au

A leading Australian advertising, information
and directories business.

www.yellowpages.com.au
www.whitepages.com.au
www.citysearch.com.au
www.whereis.com.au
www.telstra.com.au

This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the recipient and may be confidential
and/or legally privileged.
Sensis Pty Ltd disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or damage
arising from using, opening or transmitting this email.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, interfere with, disclose, copy or
retain this email and you should notify the sender immediately by return email or by contacting
Sensis Pty Ltd by telephone on [+61 3 9201 4888]