struts-user mailing list archives

From "Moore, Scott R." <MOOR...@SEC.GOV>
Subject RE: question regarding DynaActionForm.reset()
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:15:49 GMT

A coworker pointed out a workaround for explicitly resetting a
DynaValidatorForm in my Action class, so I thought I'd share it.  In the
Action class that handles an ActionForm (which is really a DynaValidatorForm
configured in struts-config.xml):

  // "form" is the ActionForm object passed in to the method
  DynaValidatorForm dynaForm = (DynaValidatorForm) form;
  dynaForm.getMap().clear();

This is helpful in situations like mine, where:
 - The user enters some data in a form, then gets some errors reported by
the Validator framework.
 - The user is shown a form with error messages, and each form field is
pre-populated with data they just submitted so they can quickly correct
their errors
 - The user goes elsewhere in your web app, then returns to the form
mentioned above, and you do NOT want to pre-populate the form fields with
the data they entered before.

HTH.  Thanks Wendy and Donald for your replies earlier.

--Scott
mooresc@sec.gov