struts-user mailing list archives

From "Edgar P. Dollin" <ed...@blue-moose.net>
Subject RE: StrutsMenu
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:30:01 GMT
Matt:

The links below don't seem to do any role stuff that I can find.  BTW:
there are some bugs in the dhtmlDropdown.jsp with IE6.

Maybe I am reading the code incorrectly but the DropDown displayer never
calls isAllowed or works with an object that does  The coolmenu
displayer does makes calls although it's structure is a tad different
than the drop down.  I have started doing the analysis of where to put
the checks to enable the role/permission implementation.

The tree menu link is really interesting.  The guy and his bud's are
really good.

BTW: I reworked the cookies and got the menu's to act consistently from
page to page.

Thanks again

Edgar

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Raible [mailto:matt@raibledesigns.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 9:35 PM
To: Edgar Dollin
Subject: RE: StrutsMenu

It should already be built into the following Displayers using the
"roles" attribute on a menu or item.

http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/dhtmlDropdown.jsp
http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/dhtmlExpandable.jsp
http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/coolmenu4.jsp

For saving a menu's expanded location - you might want to look at the
following Tree menu.  I hope to add support for this type of menu in the
coming weeks.

http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/xtree/demo.html

HTH,

Matt