struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Lee" <brian_a_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: unwanted emty lines in produced html
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:57:25 GMT
When you pay by the Gig and you just spent an extra couple grand because of
the thousands of line breaks in your app it comes into effect.

I'm waiting for the app servers to have a "suppress carriage return" setting
or something like that. ColdFusion used to have something like this (didn't
work very well).

But a smart way to get rid of carriage returns would be to make sure your
jsp is valid xhtml then run it through a formatter to remove carriage
returns between tags as part of your build process.

BAL