struts-user mailing list archives

From "Erica Leung" <ele...@puremarkets.com>
Subject Exception when deploying Struts--rc1 to WebLogic 6.1
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:00:00 GMT
I got the following exception when deploying a web app using Struts--rc1.

weblogic.management.UndeploymentException
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1520)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.resolveManifestName(WebAppHelp
er.java:469)

I hacked into the struts jars and found it was caused by the
commons-logging.jar, which is missing the LICENSE file in its META-INF
directory. After re-jar it with the file, WebLogic works fine.
I think it is only a WebLogic problem, since no other web servers complain
about it. I brought this up because it is something can be easily fixed in
the distribution process without frustrating the user for hours or days.

Regards,
- Erica