struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Contract Work: Going Rate?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 04:02:48 GMT
Half right. :-)

I guess low is a distinctly relative term. Especially when comparing apples & oranges
(or salary & contract) ;->.

Rates here may be low compared to US or UK contract rates (are they really so high?  - still
have trouble believing those figures!), but as for those in India, Russia, etc... they would
get a fraction of the going rate here, and there are probably folk doing the same stuff elsewhere
who get even less.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Barr [mailto:scott@exergonic.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 28 March 2003 07:44
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [OT] Contract Work: Going Rate?

Yeah, but we both (i think Andrew is an Aussie) live in Australia. Land of low wages

Scott
www.exergonic.com.au

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 06:26, Sterin, Ilya wrote:
30*3000 is more than your whole entire career earnings?  Where are you from?
India? Russia?

In US that's an average developer contract salary, and $30/hour is a charge
that most contractors will laugh at here.

Ilya