struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Sessions Again (Last Time)
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:06:37 GMT
Of course you have to be sure that the session id is included in the action
url (afaik struts form tag will do this for you) if your not using cookies
or all requests might end up creating a new session!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas De Loof [mailto:nicolas.deloof@cgey.com]
Sent: Friday, 7 March 2003 21:56
To: Struts Users Mailing List; JONATHAN PHILIP HOLLOWAY
Subject: Re: Sessions Again (Last Time)

> Ok can somebody clarify this, I have one JSP that uses two actions,
> If I use Action A exclusively then only one session will be used but
if
> I try to use Action B from the same JSP will a new session be
> created?
>
> Jon.

Do you mean JSP has two forms (with different action) ?

In any case, if a session has been created on server by a first
browser request, every new request will be linked to this session
(until timeout or browser restart). What server resource is requested
(JSP, action ...) doesn't matter.

(Don't forget session is not a struts feature but a J2EE servlet
container feature.)

Nico.