struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject RE: Model 2 with a half-order of X
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:06:29 GMT
Jeff,

I haven't tried this before, but it seems like one solution would be
to generate your XML doc in the Action (or some delegate) and place
it in the appropriate scope and then use XTags
(http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/xtags-doc/intro.html) to transform
the doc.

Another solution, would be to generate the XML doc and transform it in the
Action (or delegate) and then write directly to the response output stream
and return a null ActionForward which will tell Struts that the response
has been handled. Ofcourse, you will have to render the entire page (header,
body, footer).

You may also want to look into Cocoon. I believe its just servlet, instead
of
an entire framework, which can be used to transform XML docs.

HTH,

robert