struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeff_Mycha...@nlgroup.ca
Subject Re: [NESTED-TAGS]Anyone using nested tags with the latest nightly build?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:46:32 GMT

Thanks for the reply:

------ IMG Tag ---------
Thanks for the guideline on the use of the property property.
I really thought I covered the doc's but I guess that did not jump out at
me.  Now that I look back, you clearly state it at the top of the API docs.
". The original tags on occasion provide options that don't use the "name"
and "property" attributes. These uses will then fall outside the nested
context, and will most likely cause error. To take advantage of these
options, markup using the original tag for these cases."

My only issue:
The release of the nested  tags from  1.1b2 let you get away with some
nested tag "mis-use".
My problem with the IMG tag is not present on 1.1b2. My first thought is
that if any nested:tags  *may* fail without at least *name* or *property*
then the tag should indicate so.
I will admit that when building many pages, if the tag works and does not
complain I move on.
It seemed I got different errors with the nested:img tag:
Both were solve by replacing with the html:img tag, as you said.

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property  of bean
taskListForm
         at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:881)
         at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag.url(ImgTag.java:622)

and

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Object must be of type Map
      at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag.url(ImgTag.java:628)
      at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag.doEndTag(ImgTag.java:410)
      at org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.html.NestedImgTag.doEndTag(NestedImgTag.java:106)

So I guess in summary a message such as: "You must have at least one of
these properties: ...."
------ Radio Tag -----------

**** I should say again that the following file works under TC4.0.4/1.1b2
but not with the last nightly and TC4.0.4  ***

I use the radio button as in this file:

<nested:form method="post" action="/printInvOnDemandRouter" >
     <nested:hidden  property="forwardToAction" />
     <nested:hidden property="invDFullList"/>
     <nested:hidden property="invDsortCol"/>
     <nested:hidden property="invDsortOrder"/>

     <jsp:include page="/WEB-INF/printing/table/InvOnDemandParameterTable.jsp" flush="true"/>

      <jsp:include page="/WEB-INF/printing/table/InvOnDemandFilterTable.jsp" flush="true"/>
</nested:form>

This first include works:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-nested.tld" prefix="nested" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

<nested:root>
</nested:root>

This the include that gives the compile error in my previous email:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-nested.tld" prefix="nested" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

<nested:root>
%>"/></td>
%>"/></td>
</nested:root>

Thanks again

Jeff Mychasiw

"Arron Bates" <struts-user@keyboardmonkey.com> on 03/07/2003 12:08:10 AM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:

Subject:    Re: [NESTED-TAGS]Anyone using nested tags with the latest
       nightly build?

Jeff,

I can fix the first problem with the <nested:img> tag... don't use it. :P

Use the <html:image> tag instead. The error's coming through because of the
old nested mantra that if you don't want the "property" property to be
managed
and set, then use the original tags. You're using "pageKey" instead of the
name/property duo, and internally the nested tags are evaluating the
property
property to an empty string, and the attempting to dance.

As for the radio tag in the include file... it will depend on the context
of
where it's included in the parent file. Can I get a snippet of the tag
layout
that it's nesting against in the parent JSP?... it holds the key to the
problem. Once I have that detail, I may be able to get somewhere.

And there's nothing wrong with long emails. :)

Arron*

* ...somewhere in the back of my head was the possibility I'd get out of
this
update without a bug being raised. what fools these monkeys be...

> I Had read that Arron had submitted patches to the nested tags to allow
the
> upgrade to tomcat 4.1.x.
> (I assume that the zip jakarta-struts-20030306 contains the nested fixes)
>
> We are currently developing on TC4.04 with 1.1b2.
>
> I dropped that latest binaries in and got several problems (compile
errors)
> on many pages that work fine other wise.
>
> If I understand the upgrade.....I just replace the JARS, *.tld, and the
> *.dtd 's...?
>
> This is not all the problems but two main ones are the nested:img tag and
> the nested:radio tag
>
> With a usage such as:
> <nested:img  pageKey="calendar.logo" />
> I get:
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property  of bean
taskListForm
>         at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:881)
>         at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag.url(ImgTag.java:622)
>         at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag.doEndTag(ImgTag.java:410)
>         at
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.html.NestedImgTag.doEndTag(NestedImgTag.java:106)

>         at
org.apache.jsp.TaskListMainForm$jsp.
_jspService(TaskListMainForm$jsp.java:390)
>         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
> ..
>
> If I replace it with:
> It will work Fine.
>
> The nested:radio tag gives me this:
>
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean under name
>         at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.RadioTag.doStartTag(RadioTag.java:229)
>         at
org.apache.struts.taglib.nested.html.NestedRadioTag.doStartTag(NestedRadioTag.java:94)

>         at
org.apache.jsp.InvOnDemandFilterTable$jsp.
_jspService(InvOnDemandFilterTable$jsp.java:126)
>         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
>         at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:201)

>         at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
>         at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)

> with a usage of:
> inside a jsp:include
> <nested:root>
Integer.toString(ArConstants.TRANSACTION_STATUS_ALL) %>"/></td>
Integer.toString(ArConstants.TRANSACTION_STATUS_OPEN) %>"/></td>