struts-user mailing list archives

From Igor Shabalov <igor.shaba...@exadel.com>
Subject Struts Development tool with GUI
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:26:23 GMT

	Hello, everybody!
	Does anybody have a real experience with GUI based Struts development
tools, like Camino or Adalon or Objects Assembler? I mean use it for real
project with more then 100 pages and actions. I have bad feeling about
managing big struts-config file with all relationship to action classes and
JSP pages (with a majority of team barely understand what Struts is) – but
I have very limited “real struts experience”. May be somebody try this
tools in project with positive or negative result? I know, some developers
do not like complicated tools at all (Emax is the best tool ever :-), but I
don’t think that such brilliant technology, like Struts, has to stick
forever with stone age tools, like “Struts Console” with complicated and
time consuming dialogs etc. 	Moreover, I think use of such tools will bring
new capabilities to Struts technology itself – like real modular structure
and capabilities to reuse modules.

	Thank you very much,

	Igor Shabalov,
	Exadel Inc.,