struts-user mailing list archives

From Igor Shabalov <igor.shaba...@exadel.com>
Subject Re: Struts and Swing Client
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:01:43 GMT

	If I understand you right you think about using Struts controller for your
swing application, or, perhaps, share controller functionality between
swing and web applications.
	Struts is not useful for such purpose – it 100% coupled to web, Servlet
technology and HTTP.
	You can consider using some other implementation of universal controller,
less coupled to web, like Exadel (see
http://www.exadel.com/products_products1.htm) In general your idea is
attractive to me. You can share significant portion of controller
functionality between different presentation channels, actually making
separate layer of your application – “business functions layer”. For now it
is recommended to do anyway, but you usually use EJB or just special Java
classes for business functions. Why not use universal controllers? May be
Struts is not right tool for that, but this is problem of Struts, the idea
itself is attractive!

--
Igor Shabalov
Exadel Inc.