struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Shneyderman" <a...@law.columbia.edu>
Subject RE: Restarting Tomcat and struts
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:31:24 GMT
You can also reload only the context you working with, which is a bit
faster. Just set your context to be reloadable and unwar or if you do
not produce the war file then just copy all your files to the webapps
dir. Imprtant part is that your web.xml needs to have altered timestamp.

I usually have it done thru ant target. I create an extra ant target and
then make it depend on the build of the project. Once the build is done
and my war is produced I just unwar it to the
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/<project_name> dir and it get reloaded
automagically.

Alex.