struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dzidorius Martinaitis \(kafka\)" <ka...@centras.lt>
Subject file upload and unicode
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:46:23 GMT
Hello,
I try use filter, but always get this error:
09:38:52,076 ERROR [Digester] Parse Error at line 65 column -1: Element
"web-app
" does not allow "filter" here.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element "web-app" does not allow "filter"
here.
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.error(Parser2.java:3160)
My server is Tomcat 4.1.12

I want add filter from: http://www.anassina.com/struts/i18n/i18n.html
I have problem with file upload and unicode and will hope that this solve my
problem.
Now I use my RequestProcessor, but it not solve problem with file upload and
unicode.
This code I use in RequestProcessor:
try
  {
   request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8") ;
  }
  catch(java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException e)
  {
   System.out.println(e);
  }

Could I hope, what filter will solve my problem with file upload and unicode
and why I get
this error?