struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Galbreath" <mark_galbre...@qat.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Reach out and touch someone?
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:19:38 GMT
My apologies to all.  This is why I created the #struts-user on darkmyst.
No doubt most of us have high-stress jobs and blowing off steam in an
irreverent humorous way comes entirely natural to hackers.  I even remember
Craig making a joke (once) on the list sometime during the summer of 2002.
We don't take ourselves too seriously because down that path lies arrogance.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 1:03 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [OT] Reach out and touch someone?

Mark (and others)

OK guys ... I'm glad you've had your fun ... but an [OT] subject doesn't
excuse the absolute and total garbage that has been going on the last few
weeeks on this list.

There is a line between having an open community that likes to have fun, and
a mailing list where the amount of off-topic stuff (even if marked with
[OT]) encourages people not to participate any longer.  I believe that the
struts-user list has gone over that line in the last month.  And the trend
line is that it's getting worse, not better.

If people want to argue about what beer is good, or ribbing each other, or
whining because you are still working late at night or on weekends, or
ragging each other, or complaining about any other off-topic subject, that
is fine ... but please do it elsewhere.  I'm not interested.  Neither are
the vast majority of subscribers to this list.

Please take the [OT] posts elsewhere.  And, unless the [Friday] posts start
to get at least semi-relavant to the Struts community, they are going to be
reduced/restricted as well.

Craig McClanahan