struts-user mailing list archives

From "Duan Qiang" <qd...@ilog.com.sg>
Subject Re: how to get the formbean in script
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 03:55:36 GMT
Hi, Hrishi,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I had <bean:define before the <html:form
tag. Now I move the <bean:define after the form tag, everything is fine.

Regards,

Dq
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hrishi Dixit" <hdixit@finaplex.com>
<struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 5:59 AM
Subject: RE: how to get the formbean in script

> The trigger for form-bean creation is the <html:form..> tag in your JSP.
If a form bean is not found in the proper scope when the <html:form..> tag
is encountered duting the JSP parsing, Struts will create one. The other
option is to explicitly create a form bean (in a "form initializer" action)
and invoke the action before the form is rendered.

> You may be attempting to do a <bean:define..> before an <html:form..> - do
you have a fragment from your JSP?