struts-user mailing list archives

From Michał Drozd <mdr...@retsat1.net>
Subject Re: using html:form from plain java code
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:38:57 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 02:30, David Graham wrote:
> >What is the best practice to generate html output equivalent to use
> >html:form jsp tag. I need to use it in for example servlet (just example
> >, in fact there is just plain java class that generates html output. It
> >is very modular thing, so simple jsp isn't solution). This problem is
> >touching some other tags either.
>
> Why do you want a Java class to output HTML?

Because plain java class contains implementation of some type of "ui
control" -- editbox, image, and so on. Until these elements are
implemented as java classes i can easy & effective "draw" it onto web
page (but not only ;-)) As java classes these controls are more
manageable (object overloading etc.) All of this is for automatic
generation of pages.

Very easy and "clean" solution i found in jsp 2.0, but it isn't ready
for prodcucion applications.

Best regards,

--
Michał Drozd <mdrozd@retsat1.net>