struts-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Markert <dirk.mark...@dr-markert.de>
Subject Re: Question about the reset() method
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:40:02 GMT
Hallo Nadja,

as far as I know the intend of the reset method is to handle the
checkbox problem (see mailing today from Kristine). The browser will
only send infos about checked checkboxes. For unchecked checkboxes
nothing is sent. The reset method is called before your action will be
populated with values send from the browser. To solve the checkbox
problem, you set all boolean values to false. If a value really is
true it will be automatically set to true, since this value has been
sent from the browser.

You can also use the reset method to initialize a form with default
values.

Dirk