struts-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Markert <postfach-4...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Dynamic value in a <html:text> Tag
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:41:40 GMT
Hello Marco,

Monday, June 2, 2003, 5:24:02 PM, you wrote:

MM> Hi,

MM> I want to initialize the fields of a Struts Form with the <html:text>-Tag.
Why don't you initialize your fields inside your action or inside the
reset method of your form?

MM> In my request there is a bean with the getter and setter I need.
MM> Now I tried this:

size="25" maxlength="256"></html:text>

Try something like:

<bean:define id="value" type="String" name="myLink" property="URL"/>

MM> and I got the following Error:

MM> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /linkothek/LinkChange.jsp(36,58) equal symbol expected
MM>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:94)
MM>  at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:428)

MM> When I try to use the Tag: <bean:write name="myLink" property="URL"/>  alone
(not in another Tag) then I got value I should get. So I see that the bean is in my Request.
But why doen't it work
MM> when I put the <bean:write> Tag into the <html:text> tag?
MM> I think this is a problem a lot of others also have, because you often need to initalize
the values of Form Elements with dynamic content.

--
Best regards,
Dirk