struts-user mailing list archives

From "António Santos" <ansan...@fe.up.pt>
Subject how to print ActionMessages that were saved in an Action?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:48:22 GMT

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my first post.
I'm trying to insert an ActionMessage in the request inside an Action class.
I'm using the following code:

ActionMessages messages = new ActionMessages();
ActionMessage newmessage = new ActionMessage("messages.general", "XXX");
messages.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, newmessage);
saveMessages(request, messages);

Now, how can I print it in the JSP (in the same way as I can print the
ActionErrors)? I guess that that should be made by using the following code:

	<bean:write name="message" />

But this doesn't work... :( This piece of code should work to print out all
the ActionMessages saved (in case of having more than one), right?

Any clues?

Thanks,

Antonio Santos