struts-user mailing list archives

From Ed Smith <edsmit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tiles Internationalization with Definitions
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 04:02:49 GMT
I want to internationalize definitions in Tiles.
Consider the following definitions in a tiles
configuation file:

 <definition name="layout" path="/layout.jsp">
    <put name="title" value="Default" />
    <put name="header" value="/header.jsp" />
 </definition>

<definition name="index" extends="layout">
  <put name="title" value="Index" />
</definition>

I would like to internationalize the title values.  I
know I can create a tiles configuration file for each
language; however, these files would mostly be
duplicates of one another with only the titles changed
so maintenance would be difficult.  What's the best
way to solve this?  Is there some way to make
something like the following work?

 <definition name="layout" path="/layout.jsp">
    <put name="title" value=<bean:message
key="tile.layout">/>
    <put name="header" value="/header.jsp" />
 </definition>

Thanks.