struts-user mailing list archives

From Rajat Nayer <raj32...@yahoo.com>
Subject need help.. "no action instance" issue
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:46:22 GMT
Hi All,

Greetings!!! I am the newest member on this list.

I am trying to setup the Struts (ver 1.0.1) using
Tomcat 3.2.4 and following the tutorial at address:
http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/Struts/

I am facing the following issue:

On clicking submit on my JSP(submit.jsp), i am getting
the foll error:
2003-06-10 14:55:07 - Ctx( /myproject ): 500 R(
/myproject + /submit.do + null)
No action instance for path /submit could be created

My struts-config.xml has the foll entries:
----START--------
<struts-config>

  <!-- ========== Form Bean Definitions
================= -->
  <form-beans>

    <form-bean      name="submitForm"

type="hansen.playground.SubmitForm"/>

  </form-beans>

  <!-- ========== Action Mapping Definitions
============ -->
  <action-mappings>

    <action   path="/submit"
              type="hansen.playgound.SubmitAction"
              name="submitForm"
              input="/submit.jsp"
              scope="request">
    <forward name="success" path="/submit.jsp"/>

    <forward name="failure" path="/submit.jsp"/>

    </action>

  </action-mappings>

</struts-config>
---------END----------

--------SubmitAction.java-------

import javax.servlet.http.*;
import org.apache.struts.action.*;

public final class SubmitAction extends Action {

  public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping,
      ActionForm form,
      HttpServletRequest request,
      HttpServletResponse response) {

    SubmitForm f = (SubmitForm) form; // get the form
bean
    // and take the last name value
    String lastName = f.getLastName();
    // Translate the name to upper case
    //and save it in the request object
    request.setAttribute("lastName",
lastName.toUpperCase());

    // Forward control to the specified success target
    return (mapping.findForward("success"));
  }
}

Please help me move ahead...

Please let me know in case more files are reqd for
reference.

Thanks
Rajat