struts-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Takhar <sandeep_tak...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic DynaActionForms?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:40:03 GMT
Why not have the form capture all the info.

Have the administrator control a switch to suggest
which radio boxes should appear and if they only
choose one then don't show any radio boxes.

After filling in the address info have a next button
and take them to the additional info about credit etc.

At this point you can validate according to the radio
button (which will be auto-populated according to how
the user selected).

I have always found it better to add all the
attributes instead of getting too fancy on the
actionForms.

I believe Ted Husted mentions the same in his book.
This is more like a "Domain DTO" pattern for action
forms.

sandeep