struts-user mailing list archives

From Dan Allen <...@mojavelinux.com>
Subject Re: PHP version of Struts
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:38:44 GMT

Phillip Qin (pqin@shareowner.com) wrote:

> From the Hello application, coding is quite neat.

phrame however is no where near a complete struts.  It has the idea
of the same MVC as struts, but you aren't going to be able to start
porting applications to it.  Coil for python is almost a complete
port of struts so the good part is that there are at least two good
examples to build from.  I started a sourceforge project called
studs, which I hope to become the PHP version of struts.  The reason
I choose studs is because they are the invisible beams that you use
to mount view/utility objects on the wall in a house or building, so
it goes with the theme.  Unfortunately, work has taken me away from
it and I am using Struts full time right now, but all the better, I
am learning what I need to code when I code it.  However, there is
still no rush since really it is necessary to have PHP 5 to really
do a direct port since PHP 4 has many object oriented limitations
(not that it can't be done, but it would have to be rewritten
later).  I would love to have developers and I will upload what I
have at some point.

Dan