struts-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: [OT] MVC / Model 2 for Microsoft ???
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:58:53 GMT

> I am curious if anyone is aware of an MVC-type framework for .NET. I am
> NOT looking for a Struts port to .NET. I started doing a little
> research, searching for things like "Best Practices"  or ".NET Patterns"
> etc. I found almost nothing... no best practices guides. Not even a
> single recommendation about builing Object-based backend systems. In
> fact, most books I've read on ASP.NET and .NET in general have focused
> on database access code directly in the ASPX page itself....(in the
> "Code Behind" section).

you can have a look at the .NET petshop:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/PetShop3x.asp

"The new .NET Pet Shop 3.0 incorporates community feedback with an improved
architecture that follows Microsoft Prescriptive Architecture Guidelines,
and will be benchmarked by the Middleware Company in June, 2003 to compare
with several J2EE implementations of the same application"