struts-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Kulkarni <kulkarni_ash1...@yahoo.com>
Subject problem with struts bean tag when created on the fly
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:26:15 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to the following, I have a java class
which builds a String for displaying in webpage,
I have some code in this class which builds String as
if it is struts bean tag, like my string when build
looks like this
'<bean:message key="report1"/>'
and the java code to build this is
String title = new String("\'" + "<bean:message

key=\"report\"/>+"\'");
and then i print this String at run time
but the problem is the bean tag does notand get
blanks, the value for report is not retrieved from
properties file.
why is this happening like this

Ashish