struts-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Longwell <listse...@newmedialogic.com>
Subject Re: Newbie.... Best Practices for ActionForms
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:57:07 GMT
Thanks,

I am planning to use the struts validator.... if I'm hearing you
right... this is the process?

In ActionForm:
String StartDate;
String End Date;

In Struts Validator:
validate the strings against a RegEx datetime mask

In Action:
1) Convert my Event ValueObject (VO)'s date values to strings when
populating the ActionForm.
1) Parse the strings to convert back to date when going from Form to VO....
Is there a struts technology that will help in this conversion... (from
string to java.util.Date).  I always could just use the java.util
classes, but I'm guessing this is a common problem with a common solution.

Thanks again,
Aaron