struts-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <nat...@codeczar.com>
Subject debugging bean populate
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 01:41:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting an IllegalArgumentException presumably due to trying to
populate a field of a form with the wrong datatype.  I can't see where
I'm going wrong.  Is there a simple way to turn on debugging for the
BeanUtils.populate code to see which attribute is failing?

thanks
Nathan

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.java:1789)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.java:1684)
	at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setProperty(PropertyUtils.java:1713)
	at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:1019)
	at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:808)
	at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1097)